The Federal Personal Information Protection & Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) impacts how organizations collect use and disclose personal information about individuals in the course of commercial activities.
As a member of the Registered Deposit Brokers Association (RDBA), Mortgage Funding is committed to maintaining the security of your personal information and its accuracy while maintaining confidentiality. Mortgage Funding collects, uses and discloses client information provided to us only where it is needed to service a particular client’s account. We do not sell or distribute the personal information regarding current or former clients to anyone other than the company specified on individual applications.
Mortgage Funding commits to comply with “The Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act” which includes the following ten principals for the protection of personal information:
1. Accountability: Mortgage Funding is responsible for maintaining and protecting client’s personal information under our control and have designated all employees to be accountable for our compliance with the Privacy Code. Mortgage Funding has designated Privacy Officers.
2. Identifying Purposes: The purpose for which personal client information is collected shall be identified by our employees before or at the time the information is collected.
3. Obtaining Consent: Establishing consent from the client is a requirement of the collection and its use or disclosure of personal information, except where required or permitted by law.
4. Limiting Collection: The collection of personal information shall be limited to that which is necessary for the purposes identified by the transaction and/or those of the associated companies and/or under any of the terms of the financial institutional agency agreements.
5. Limited Use, Disclosure and Retention: Client information may only be used or disclosed for the purpose for which it was collected unless the client has otherwise consented or as required by law. Personal Information shall be retained for the period of time required to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected or required by law.
6. Accuracy: Personal information shall be as accurate, complete and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used and if required, maintain its accuracy and completeness.
7. Keeping Secure: Personal information shall be protected by security safeguards and procedures, which are appropriate to the sensitivity level of the information.
8. Safeguards and Procedures: Mortgage Funding shall make information readily available to clients concerning the policies and practices relating to the management and safeguards of their personal information.
9. Client Access: Upon request to Mortgage Funding, clients shall be informed of the existence, use and disclosure of his or her personal information and shall be given access to that information except where inappropriate. This allows clients to verify the accuracy and completeness of their information and if appropriate, request that the information be amended.
10. Client Concerns or Complaints: Clients may direct any enquiries or questions with respect to the above principals to the designated individual(s) accountable for Mortgage Funding’s compliance.
The right to withhold information: Providing personal information is your personal choice. However, in financial dealings, your decision to withhold particular details may limit or restrict the services that can be provided by Mortgage Funding and may make it difficult or impossible to render appropriate alternatives.
Consent to use personal information may be obtained in various ways. Obtaining express consent could be in writing or it may be determined that consent has been implied by the circumstances (i.e.: signed consent, email or application form or verbally in person or over the phone). When receiving personal information from you enables Mortgage Funding to provide you with the requested product or service, your consent to allow us to deal with that personal information in a reasonable manner would be implied. In doing so, you would be consenting to our collection, use and disclosure to appropriate third parties of such personal information for these purposes. You would also be authorizing the use and retention of such information for a long as it may be required for the described. Your consent may remain valid even after the termination of the relationship with you, unless you provide written notice that such consent is withdrawn. For further information, please contact:
129 Dunlop Street East
Barrie, ON L4M 1A6